“Do my beliefs really matter?” We may be tempted to ask ourselves this question because we live in a world that has become open to and tolerant of a variety of worldviews. Some people attempt to find a common ground with others by declaring, “It doesn’t matter what you believe, as long as you sincerely believe it.” But what we believe does matter! Our beliefs make a difference.
This study looks at core truths central to the Christian faith that have been revealed in the pages of Scripture. Without these truths, life loses all meaning and hope. But within these core truths, we discover the character of God, the nature and work of Christ, who we are, and where we are going— truths that point us to a right relationship with God. Knowing these truths is more than an academic exercise; as we trust what God has revealed to us, our faith impacts how we live both now and for eternity.
During this study, we will be reminded of these fundamental elements of our faith:
• God has revealed Himself to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. God created us to serve and honor Him.
• We are sinners, and on our own, we can do nothing to solve our sin problem.
• Forgiveness is possible because Jesus died on the cross for our sins.
• We experience new life when we trust the risen Christ.
• The Holy Spirit indwells and empowers Christians.
• Jesus will return to establish His eternal kingdom.
As believers, we need to know what we believe, so we can represent God well in the midst of a culture of unbelief and religious error.